BECOME AN APSAD MEMBER AND SAVE ON YOUR REGISTRATION
The Australasian Society on Alcohol and other Drugs (APSAD) is dedicated to promoting improved standards in clinical practice for medical practitioners and other health professionals who deal with alcohol and other drug-related problems in the course of their work. It also provides a network of drug and alcohol professionals in Australia, New Zealand and the Asia Pacific.
Through its internationally recognised scientific journal, the Drug and Alcohol Review, and its annual Scientific Conference, APSAD provides a forum for the latest research on the nature, prevention and treatment of physical, psychological and social problems related to the use of psychoactive substances.
APSAD offers various forms of professional development to support the varied interest of its members. These include:
- Subscription to the Society’s scientific journal the Drug and Alcohol Review
- Online access to all back issues of the Review via the APSAD Website
- Online subscription to the Journal of Smoking Cessation
- Accreditation as a Tobacco Treatment Specialist for clinicians
- Monthly webinars
- Discounted registration to the annual APSAD Scientific Conference
- Discounted registration at selected AOD conferences including the DANA Conference
- Subscription to the bi-monthly APSAD e-newsletter
- The right to nominate and be elected for Council
- The right to participate in and form various APSAD subcommittees and special interest groups
APSAD now offers Free Student Membership.
Access member-only benefits and resources without barriers.
APSAD understands the difficulty students face around limited funding and the need to have a support network and recognise that students are the future of the alcohol and other drug sector. Providing free membership allows students studying in Australia and New Zealand to access member-only benefits and resources without barriers.
Student members have access to exclusive Early to Mid Career Researchers events, networking, mentoring, advice and guidance, supporting our Student Members, through a range of membership activities and benefits.
Information on how to apply and eligibility for student membership can be found on our membership page.
For further information and to apply for Membership visit the APSAD website.
If you have any questions related to membership contact firstname.lastname@example.org